The objects in this case were used for pet crickets! Dried squash for houses- cages for carrying- dishes for feeding- brushes for tickling and even some rings for staging cricket fights.
People also kept crickets because they were such good singers. Listen to crickets singing and imagine what it might be like to own a cricket.
- Does your family have pet?
- What kinds of things do you do to make your pet happy?
- What does your pet do that makes you happy?
In China, crickets were not only kept as good luck pets, they were trained athletes!
- What sports does your family watch?
- Do you have a favorite athlete?